Welcome to my stop on the Touching The Surface blog tour hosted by Rockstar Book Tours. I was so excited to join this tour because, not only does Touching the Surface have a gorgeous cover, whats inside is even better. Thanks so much Kimberly Sabatini for stopping by The Happy Booker to share 10 of the things readers should know about this book.
Ten Things Every Reader Should Know About
Touching The Surface
Touching The Surface
Guest post by Kimberly Sabatini10. TOUCHING THE SURFACE is a paranormal, afterlife story that reads like a contemporary.
9. The afterlife in TTS is called the Obmil, which is Limbo spelled backwards. The full name is the Obmil Center for Progression.
8. The lyrics for Annie Lennox’s song “Little Bird” are used at the beginning and the end of TTS. Birds, both real and origami play a roll in the story.
7. Every soul in the afterlife has a distinct scent. That way, when I soul begins a new life in a new body, they can still be recognized. Elliot’s soul smells like freshly cut wood and dark chocolate.
6. Deep thoughts on TTS: Insta-love isn’t actually insta-love if you’ve known someone over more than one lifetime. Love triangles are sometime actually love knots and they’re bigger and more complicated than just romance.
5. Most of the characters in in TTS spend a chunk of time being unlikable, but that is part of growing.
4. I think of chapter titles as the accidental, secret poem of the book…
the other side of the surface
circles in the sky
the distribution of guilt
the walls between us
still waters run deep
the things we don’t see
the funny thing about wishes
go with the flow
the rain on the pain
falling of flying?
frozen in place
choose your coincidence
the third time lacks charm
a twist of faith
hell and back
the be present
3. Souls at the Obmil must attend Workshop and Delve for their memories in group therapy sessions. When Delving, a soul and all the other souls participating, can’t interact with anyone who is still alive. They also can’t change what’s happened in the past. It’s hard work, but they must look to the inside to figure out some important things about themselves before they can move on.
2. My intent was to not have preachy messages or religious directives in TTS. The goal of this book is to resonate and connect. I like to think of it more like Mad Libs--you bring your own experiences and plug them in.
1. What I figured out from writing TOUCHING THE SURFACE: Life altering mistakes are meant to alter lives.
Thank you so much for having me over to spend time on your blog. I really appreciate it. And thanks so much to all the folks who’ve stopped by the Book Tour. I hope you love TOUCHING THE SURFACE.
Thank you so much Kimberly. I LOVE what you said about the chapter titles being the accidental poem. And the quote “Life altering mistakes are meant to alter lives” certainly resonates with me and I’m sure with many others.
Thanks everyone for stopping by The Happy Booker for my stop on this tour. Please be sure to comment, enter the fabulous giveaway, and visit the other blogs on the tour listed below.
July 8 – The Book Cellar – Guest Post (w/link to review)
July 9 – Alluring Reads – Review
July 10 – The Happy Booker – Guest Post
July 11 – In Bed With Books – Interview (w/link to review)
July 12 – The Book Belles – Review
July 15 – Parajunkee – Guest Post
July 16 – Reader Girls – Review
July 17 – Books Complete Me – Interview
July 18 – Imaginary Reads – Review
July 19 – The Irish Banana Review – Review
When Elliot finds herself dead for the third time, she knows she must have messed up, big-time. She doesn’t remember how she landed in the afterlife again, but she knows this is her last chance to get things right.
Elliot just wants to move on, but first she will be forced to face her past and delve into the painful memories she’d rather keep buried. Memories of people she’s hurt, people she’s betrayed…and people she’s killed.
As she pieces together the secrets and mistakes of her past, Elliot must find a way to earn the forgiveness of the person she’s hurt most, and reveal the truth about herself to the two boys she loves…even if it means losing them both forever.
AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE | THE BOOK DEPOSITORY | GOODREADS
About the Author
(Photo credit: *Author photo by Dawn Sela Photography - www.dawnsela.com.)
Kimberly Sabatini is a former Special Education Teacher who is now a stay-at-home mom and a part-time dance instructor for three and four year olds. She lives in New York’s Hudson Valley with her husband and three boys.
Kimberly writes Young Adult fiction and is represented by Michelle Wolfson of Wolfson Literary Agency. TOUCHING THE SURFACE is her debut novel. (Simon Pulse – Simon & Schuster, October 30, 2012)
TWITTER | FACEBOOK | WEBSITE | BLOG | GOODREADS
The GiveawaysA SIGNED hardcover copy of TOUCHING THE SURFACE by Kimberly Sabatini to FOUR (4) winners – US ONLY.
A SIGNED hardcover copy of TOUCHING THE SURFACE by Kimberly Sabatini to ONE (1) winner – International ONLY.
Giveaway #1 is US only. Giveaway #2 is International only.
Must be 13 or older to enter.B
Giveaway ends July 22 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific.
Winners will be chosen via Rafflecopter and contacted by email.
Must answer a question to determine which giveaway they want to enter – US or International.
Must leave a comment about the book.
Optional entries: Like Kimberly Sabatini on Facebook, follow her on Twitter and Tweet (daily) about the tour/giveaway.
All giveaway options are weighted evenly.
a Rafflecopter giveaway