Day 1 – Everlast by Andria Buchanan
Day 2 – Queen’s Gambit by Elizabeth Fremantle
Day 3- none
Day 4 – The Dirty Streets of Heaven by Tad Williams
Total completed – 3 books
On day 3, I started Omens by Kelley Armstrong which is a 14 hour audio and I know it will be quite a challenge to finish this 14 hour audio plus one other book to reach my goal but I am REALLY enjoying Omens so I don’t mind spending hours lost in this story.
I keep missing the Twitter chats but I have been able to participate in the challenges which have been a lot of fun! Day 4’s challenges are:
Book Road Trip -- In Wonderland
For the book Road Trip -
1. New Orleans is one of my favorite places to visit! It’s also one of my favorite settings for a book. Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles & Witching Hour series are among my favorite reads set in New Orleans. More recently, there have been a LOT of urban fantasy series that use this setting, such as Adrian Phoenix’s Maker’s Song series.
2. London is somewhere that has captured my imagination ever since first becoming obsessed with tales of England’s monarchy. Anne Boleyn is one of my favorite historical queens to read about and I would love to see the places where she lived at some of her highest and lowest points. There are many books set in London, my most recent favorite was Tarnish by Katherine Longshore which is a YA imagining of Anne Boleyn’s life.
3. Istanbul – the harems and decadence of the Ottoman empire fascinate me to no end. I would love to walk the streets of Istanbul and visit some of these places. One of the aspects I most enjoyed about Inferno by Dan Brown was that much of the setting was Istanbul.
4. Bahamas – the tropical climate, beautiful scenery, and the fact that it may have been used by pirates to stash their booty makes the Bahamas somewhere I would love to visit in person OR vicariously through bookish adventures. I haven’t read Pirates by Cynthia Rees, but the setting and the historical aspect makes it one that I would love to lose myself in!
5. Savannah, GA – Eugenia Price’s beautifully written historical fiction makes me crave to experience Savannah and St. Simon’s Island and imagine how it would have been pre-civil war.
I Spy... -- Paperback Dreamer
I Spy Challenge: This one was SO hard!!! But what a fun challenge. I got all but 3 of them.
- …snowflakes Frost by Mariana Baer
- …flames Breaking the Devil’s Heart by H.A. Goodman
- …a city skyline Of Beast & Beauty by Stacey Jay
- …the moon The Assassin’s Curse by Cassandra Rose Clark
- …a sword Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- …a wedding dress - Enchanted by Alethea Kontis
- …high heels Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
- …fog Ironskin by Tina Connolly
- …a Christmas tree
- …lightening Transformation by Carol Berg
- …a tattoo Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane
- …combat boots
- …hand-cuffs Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison
- …a road Dualed by Elsie Chapman
Good luck to everyone else participating!!