The Book Blogger Challenge is hosted by April at Good Books & Good Wine. Stop by her blog to sign up for this fun blogging challenge!!
Today's Challenge is: 15 Bullet Points of Things that Appeal to You on Blogs:
I would really like to change my blog design to be a bit more visually appealing. I want to change to just one sidebar and increase the width of my blog post area. Also, I’m thinking of keeping the header but changing to a more simplistic white background. I have NO idea how to do this, so these changes will have to wait until I switch to Wordpress at the end of this month.
Have you checked out Booklikes yet? I love the way the blogs look on there, I would love to change my blog layout to something very similar.
In the meantime, these are the 15 things that appeal to me on blogs.
- An appealing design with a pretty header or a simplistic design.
- Prominent follow buttons
- Easy to read font
- No Captcha
- Long reviews/posts broken down into smaller paragraphs
- No music!!!
- Minimum advertisements
- No pop-ups
- Posts with personality!
- An interesting discussion topic
- Content other than memes and tours
- A tab to browse reviews
- Good grammar and spelling
- More words than images
- Reviews with substance, that contain an honest opinion about the book and are not simply rewording the summary or gushing love or vitriol.