The Book Blogger Challenge is hosted by April at Good Books & Good Wine. Stop by her blog to sign up for this fun blogging challenge!!
Today's Challenge is: Talk about your blogging quirks.
I am by nature quite eccentric but probably the quirkiest thing about me as a blogger is that the rules that I apply today I won't necessarily apply tomorrow. I'm a bit impulsive like that. But here are five other quirks about me as a blogger:
- I wear headphones when I'm writing a blog post. Big leather, noise cancelling headphones. This is mainly because my family is so used to me listening to audio books and being unable to hear them that they seldom bother me when I have headphones on. So I take advantage of that a bit. Shhhh! Don't tell them!
- I use Windows Live Writer to write my blog posts but am open to finding more effective ways of blogging. I am not as familiar as I would like to be with HTML and CSS and this is something I hope to change.
- I seldom schedule posts in advance unless it is a guest post or blog tour post. I usually just write a review and post it immediately.
- I don't write many discussion posts even though these are my favorite kind of posts to read. This is also something I plan to change moving forward.
- I am still trying to find my blogging "Voice" I'm much more reserved in the way I write than I am in my day to day personality. Conveying tone has always been a bit of a struggle for me and while I may consider something "irreverent humor" someone reading it may see "blatantly offensive" so I tend to be more careful.