The 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge is a brilliant challenge created by April at Good Books and Good Wine. To participate, simply sign up on one of the Linkys that April will include with her post each day.
I thought this was a particularly good idea for me since I often struggle with what to blog about other than reviews and tours. Plus I’ve never participated in this type of challenge so this will be something new for me!
- I prefer audio books over any other format and will choose to listen to an already released audio even above that shiny new printed ARC.
- I used to read books by genre and would spend years at a time ONLY reading Historical Fiction, or ONLY Crime Thrillers, etc. I’ve become much more diverse in my reading habits more recently.
- I DESPISE cliffhanger endings and will usually not continue reading a series if the first book ends with a cliffhanger.
- When characters annoy me, I root for the bad guy to succeed in killing them off and am disappointed when it doesn’t happen. (which it never does)
- I like reading dark stories about emotionally damaged characters.
- I have a bit of an obsession with the British monarchy, especially Anne Boleyn.
- I re-listen to the Harry Potter series on audio narrated by Stephen Fry every year.
- I am guilty of buying books for their cover even after I’ve been burnt by it so many times.
- I admit to having a preference for female authors most of the time because I believe, in general, they are more likely to write more authentic female characters. This is probably wrong to stereotype authors this way and I know there are some incredible male authors more than capable of writing believable female characters. But I admit that I am a bit biased.
- I am quicker than most people I know to put a book down if it fails to grab me. I usually start at least 3-5 books before I settle on which one I’m going to read. I don’t consider a book a DNF unless I am positive that I will not go back to try to read it again.
- I cannot start a new book until I have marked the book I was reading as “Finished” on Goodreads.
- I rarely love the books that everyone else is gushing about. Sometimes it makes me think that I’m missing some connection that everyone else is getting. Or that maybe I only like mediocre books.
- I have never been to a BEA or ALA but want desperately to go!
- I wish hardcovers came bundled with digital and audio format included. Someone should make this happen.
- I can sometimes be a little intimidated by the brilliantly written and creative reviews by so many book bloggers. Sometimes the reviews are even better written than the book they are discussing! Then I look at my own reviews like “meh” and want to delete the whole thing.