Welcome to my stop on the blog tour for Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay. I am THRILLED to have been included on this tour because Of Beast and Beauty is probably my favorite read of 2013 so far and one of my favorite fairy tale retellings ever! Check out my review here where I rated it a full 5 stars and I had this to say about it:
“This romance was compelling and poignant and bittersweet and SO flawlessly written that by the time they got to the first kiss, MY toes were curling. I have to say that I'm usually pretty immune to most romance in YA novels, but I felt this one, this romance touched my heart in a way that few ever do. “
Stacey Jay wrote a guest post for The Happy Booker about the 10 things you should know about Of Beast and Beauty. And I’m going to add one of my own: You should know that you don’t want to miss Of Beast and Beauty and should put it on your TBR list right away!
10 Things You Should Know About
Of Beast and Beauty
By Stacey Jay
- The Beast may not be who you think he/she is.
- There is kissing on page 37.
- “The girl’s misery and rage slipped away, and the secret sank like a stone, deep, deep, deep inside her, until the truth was as forgotten as hope and beauty and all the other things given to the darkness.” (The last line of the prologue feels like one of the truest things I’ve ever written.)
- The Beauty may also not be who you think she/he is.
- There is kissing on page 161.
- The last two pages of the epilogue made me cry every time I read them, even during line edits, at which point I had read the book in its entirety over twenty times. This has never happened to me before, and I’m still not sure what part of it made me so sniffly. If you read the book and get to the last two pages, please write me with your hypothesis. (Amateur psychological analysis is both welcomed and encouraged. My brain is your brain.)
- There is more kissing on page 264.
- “Isra…,” I warn, not sure which one of us I’m warning, or what will happen if the warning is ignored.
“Gem…” She mimics my tone so perfectly, I can’t help but smile.
(This part made me smile.)
- The Beast may become a Beauty or vice versa. Or not. (No spoilers.)
- There may or may not be more kissing on various other pages. (Again. No spoilers.) (Okay, spoiler, there is totally more kissing.)
Thank you for being here Stacey Jay!Thanks everyone for stopping by The Happy Booker today, be sure to enter the giveaway (at the bottom of the post) and also stop by each of the stops on this awesome tour hosted by Rockstar Book Tours.
About the Book
In the beginning was the darkness, and in the darkness was a girl, and in the girl was a secret...
In the domed city of Yuan, the blind Princess Isra, a Smooth Skin, is raised to be a human sacrifice whose death will ensure her city’s vitality. In the desert outside Yuan, Gem, a mutant beast, fights to save his people, the Monstrous, from starvation. Neither dreams that together, they could return balance to both their worlds.
Isra wants to help the city’s Banished people, second-class citizens despised for possessing Monstrous traits. But after she enlists the aid of her prisoner, Gem, who has been captured while trying to steal Yuan’s enchanted roses, she begins to care for him, and to question everything she has been brought up to believe.
As secrets are revealed and Isra’s sight, which vanished during her childhood, returned, Isra will have to choose between duty to her people and the beast she has come to love.
Stacey Jay is a recovering workaholic (or at least working hard at recovering) with two small children, and a passion for playing pretend for a living. She’s been a full time mom-writer since 2005 and can't think of anything she'd rather be doing. Her former careers include theatre performer, professional dancer, poorly paid C-movie actress, bartender, waiter, math tutor, and yoga instructor.
In her very limited spare time, Stacey enjoys cooking elaborate dinners and eating them very slowly, dressing up in costumes with her sons, and drinking wine with her husband. She loves to hear from readers and personally answers every single email she receives.
|7/15/2013||IceyBooks||Guest Post |
|7/16/2013||About To Read||Review |
|7/17/2013||Paranormal Book Club||Interview |
|7/18/2013||Finding Bliss in Books||Guest Post |
|7/19/2013||Book Haven Extraordinaire!||Interview|
|7/22/2013||The Bookish Brunette||Review |
|7/23/2013||The Happy Booker||Guest Post |
|7/24/2013||A Backwards Story||Interview |
|7/25/2013||Wicked Lil Pixie||Review |
There will be 10 winners total and the prizes are…..
10 Finished copies of OF BEAST AND BEAUTY US ONLY
a Rafflecopter giveaway