|Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! This week’s them is:|
Top 10 Books on my Winter Reading List
1. Sacrificial Magic by Stacia Kane – This fourth book in Stacia Kane’s incredible Downside series is probably my most anticipated book of 2012. I love this dark and gritty urban fantasy series and cannot wait to find out what new situations Chess and Terrible find themselves in.
2. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows – From the stunning cover to the exciting summary, Incarnate has been at the top of my wishlist since first hearing about it. Reincarnation, sci-fi, fantasy, romance, this book seems to have it all and I can’t wait to get my hands on it!
3. Article 5 by Kristen Simmons – I am dying to read this one!! Article 5 seems to be somewhere between post apocalyptic and dystopian but also a little something more. It sounds like a fascinating YA thriller about a crumbling society struggling for survival. This one has also been at the top of my wishlist since I saw it in Tor’s winter catalog!!
5. Life Is But a Dream by Brian James – This is a little outside of what Inormally read, a contemporary that focuses on characters suffering from mental illness. It sounds incredibly compelling with an unusual premise. I’m thinking it will probably be intense and emotional and have me bawling like a baby by the end, but those are the ones I love so…
6. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi – This sounds like an incredible futuristic dystopian with some unusual twists. There’s already so much buzz and anticipation surrounding this that I’m feeling rather anxious about reading it. Harper Collins regularly publishes some of the most awesome YA reads so I’m sure this one will be amazing!
7. Above World by Jenn Reese – I am ever on a search for an amazing mermaid book. I haven’t found any to “wow” me yet, but I’m hoping that Above World will be the one to blow me away! Since I’ll likely be spending my winter longing for the time when the weather is nice enough to visit the beach, I can at least read a book with a watery setting. I love the water and am fascinated with mermaid myth and legend. Above World sounds like it takes that legend and adds some fantasy, adventure, and some sci-fi elements too! I can’t wait to read it!
8.The Other Life by Susanne Winnacker – I spent much of 2011 exploring my love for all things dystopian and post-apocalyptic, so of course I want to continue that into 2012. The Other Life sounds like its going to be a thrilling post apocalyptic adventure with possibly some zombie like creatures included!
9. Stolen Away by Alyxandra Harvey – What better way to relax on a chilly winter evening than to curl up with a romantic adventure in the world of Faery!!!
10. Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic – For some reason I am drawn to those books that I know will leave me a weeping, sobbing mess. This is exactly that kind of book, a YA Contemporary about death, fate, and saying goodbye. I can’t wait to read it, tears and all.
These are the top 10 books that I plan to read this winter, I’m sure I will find many more that I will be adding to my ever-growing to-read or to-buy list! Which books are on your winter reading list? Leave a comment so I can go check out your Top Ten list too or let me know which books you’re looking forward to reading!