Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
1. The Hunger Games: I have absolutely no justification for not having already read this series, especially considering how much I enjoy dystopian themed fiction. I can say that I finally broke down and bought the first book yesterday in both Hardcover and Audio format and plan to begin it as soon as I can find some time.
2. Mortal Instruments: I don’t know what it is about the first book in this series, but I have attempted to read it several times, each time I get no further than midway before I lose interest and put it down in favor of something else. I finally threw in the towel on this series and gave away the books to a friend who had also been wanting to read these. She loved them!
3. Vampire Academy: I actually have a couple of books in this series sitting on my shelf, including the amazing graphic novel. I absolutely intend to eventually buy, borrow, or win the all of the books in this series and take the time to read them. I had been in a kind of “anti-vampire” reading mood for a while now, with the exception of Cat and Bones from the Night Huntress series. But I do intend to read these!
4. The Passage: I won this book in 2010 and since then it has been sitting on my shelf unopened. I really do WANT to read this, and I’m not intimidated by the length of the book, that’s actually a positive. I think that my hesitation is due to the conflict between my love of the post-apocalyptic theme and my anti-vampire book reading sentiments. I do plan to read this at some point.
5. I am Number Four: I had initially decided not to read this series both because of the sci-fi feel to it and because of the history with this particular author. The whole Oprah/Million Little Pieces fiasco was kind of a turn-off to me when considering picking up another book by this author. However, I have since reconsidered this decision based on the reviews and based on the fact that the movie was just awesome. Plus my 10 year old son wants to read these books which means I have to read them first to determine if they are appropriate.
6. Hush Hush: I haven’t cared much for any of the angel books I have previously read and based on the mixed reviews that this series received, I decided to be one of the few people that doesn’t read these.
7. Halo: Same as above
8. Fallen: I almost decided to read this one simply because of the Savannah, GA setting but changed my mind after reading the comments of several reviewers who share common tastes with me.
9.Nightshade: The cover is stunning, the reviews are glowing, but the fact is, werewolves/shifters are just not my thing.
10. The Night Circus: I didn’t manage to snag an early review copy of this BUT I did manage to win an ARC copy and just got it in the mail last week! It is calling to me from my bookshelf as I write this. I WILL have this book read by the end of the month.