Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This is the first Top Ten I've participated in but when I saw the topic, I ended up thinking about it all day at work and wondering what fictional characters I'd want to be BFF with. This was actually pretty hard for me but I did come up with a list of 10.
Top Ten Character's I'd Like to Be Best Friends With
1. Alexia Tarabotti from the Parasol Protectorate- We would wear bustles, carry parasols, and gossip over tea at Lord Akeldema's fabulous home.
2. Cat and Bones from the Night Huntress series- These two are intelligent, so funny, and good to have around in a fight! I could definitely hang out with either of these characters.
3. Janet Leslie from The Kadin - Bold, outspoken, practical, and strong-willed. I identified a lot with this character and she remains one of my favorite in fiction.
4. Penelope Garcia from Criminal Minds - Quirky, fun, incredible sense of humor, and extremely generous. She's one of my favorite characters from the Criminal Minds cast along with Reid and Morgan.
5. Vin from the Mistborn series - Tough and smart. I related a lot to her character as well.
6. Jaenelle from the Black Jewels trilogy - Who wouldn't want to be BFF's with this all-powerful witch with a heart of gold?
7. Yelena from the Study series - Watching her grow through this amazing series almost makes me feel like we're already friends.
8. Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter series - Wow, I absolutely love Luna. Quirky and eccentric but also intelligent, bluntly honest, and the epitome of kindness. I could certainly see myself befriending her in that world.
9. Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl - "How many times do I have to go Courtney Love on your ass before you get the message?" Enough said. We should already be BFFs.
10. Jenny Humpfrey from Gossip Girl - This show is my guilty pleasure. But these two characters, Blair and Jenny are my favorites. With Jenny its fashion, revenge, and guys, and not necessarily in that order. I could cheerfully be her BFF, it would be tiring, but I would never be bored.